- Microgreen Seeds
- Organic Sunflower Microgreens - Black Oil
Organic Sunflower Microgreens - Black Oil
Organic Black Oil Sunflower Microgreen Seeds
These organic Black Oil Sunflower microgreen seeds have the deliciously nutty flavor of raw sunflower seeds and can be ready to harvest in less than two weeks. They pack a serious nutritious punch while adding flavor and crunch to salads, soups, sandwiches, and dips.
Simple Growing Instructions:
- Pre-soak the seeds 4-8 hours, and rinse.
- Sprinkle the soaked seeds over the moistened soil in a 1020 growing tray, and press them gently into loose moistened soil, or spread the seeds onto a Jute Microgreen Grow Mat to avoid the mess of soil.
- Cover loosely with a clean towel, unbleached paper towel, plastic, or a thin layer of soil to maintain humidity. stack an empty tray on top of the towel/plastic, putting weight in the empty tray. This will help root the seeds into the growing medium and offer a better, even growth. Check daily to determine the moisture.
- After the seeds begin to germinate, you can remove the towel/plastic and continue spritzing the seed twice daily until it reaches desired height.
- To obtain great germination, keep your seeds at a steady temperature (70F). After germination, avoid keeping the soil too moist. Adding a little water soluble organic fertilizer to the water is also helpful.
- Harvest the microgreens about 10-12 days after seeding, or when they reach their desired height, by using a pair of scissors to cut close to the growing base.
- Tip for easier hull removal: 2-3 days before harvesting, lightly mist the sunflowers and gently lay over top plastic wrap that creates a greenhouse effect. Lightly brush your hand over top and the husks should start removing easier.